Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 60!!!!!-Oh What Fun!

Day 60- Oh What Fun !


Here I am -project complete. What an amazing time this has been. 


As a painter I have definitely grown in my ability to work through a problem and continue on a given path. My painting technique has improved through sheer practice and I am delighted that I have finally moved away from dull colors and am comfortable with bright ones that make much more sense with the drawings.


I am very happy that I was able to complete the project, as one week before I was scheduled to begin I tore tendons in my right elbow and was unable to use my painting arm for 4 days prior to my start date.-I am still working on the elbow and will be glad to have the rest coming up.


But...I have a new idea....I want to find a space to paint a very large painting/mural, possibly on a piece of canvas 20-30 feet long...oh yeah.


Watch for one more post, next week with photos of the paintings together and of the exhibit. If you are in the Champaign-Urbana area this weekend, drop by Lincoln Square Mall to see the work in person. I will be painting :) on-site Friday, April 8th 12-4pm and Saturday, April 9th all day.


Also, my daughter will have a rock'in exhibit of "1000 Origami Stars for Hope", starting Thursday at The Art Coop, also at Lincoln Mall. Opening for the show is Friday, April 9th 7-9pm. Definitely check this one out.


Over and Out (for Now)
Kim

2 comments:

  1. I stopped by at Lincoln Square this morning. The paintings look WONDERFUL all together, in order. Beautiful color, movement, and joy. Thanks, Kim!

    ReplyDelete