Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 1: A Fine Day

#1 "A Fine Day" 6X6"


So 60 in 60 Days is off and running!

#1 is titled "A Fine Day", which is a reoccurring theme in my paintings. There are numerous variations: A Fine Day, A Fine Day Indeed, then I branch into Sunny Days or Sunny Days except it is Cloudy...you get the picture. 

I like Fine Days.

Today has been a fine day indeed, so I painted it.

I love unusual color combinations-like this purple and yellow with a touch of deep red and of course the smack of the blackest black!

My grandma was a quilter with a smart sense of color, so I grew up without the boundaries of "proper color combinations". An experience that has driven my work over the years.

Today is also a good day because it is the opening of a show I am exhibiting in the Albuquerque, NM.

Wish I was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment