Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 27-Confessions of a Museum Junkie

Day 27-Confessions of a Museum Junkie

I admit it-I'm hooked. I love museums. I love museums of all kinds, railroad, art, airplane, history, fish lures...you get the pictures. I don't however like medical museums or crime museums or weird stuff- Why, do we need these?

For me museums are hallowed ground. A visual feast. There's always the quiet and the anticipation of what you might see next. In the case of art museums, you can share another person's view of the world through their art-How cool is that?

This painting is inspired by anticipation of traveling to a new museum tomorrow with my trusty side-kick daughter. We are both very excited.

She's the perfect companion in a museum-over the years we've developed a rhythm of sorts. We each give the other space, but still share the experience. 

A Fine Art Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment