Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 34-First Guppy


Day 34- First Guppy

I am very happy to be painting fish in this series. Years ago fish were a subject that I worked with often-particularly in computer generated art.

I am a "fish-kinda-girl". I grew up near a large river, learned to fish at an early age and had great uncles who were actual fishermen and I have had many. many aquariums over the years. Currently I have a 1100 gallon outdoor pond. 

My Fav. Grandma raised fish in a cement pond in her yard. She would raise fantailed guppies in the summer.

The natural sunlight did amazing things to the colors of the guppies. And, if you've ever had guppies you know they are prolific breeders. So in the fall, we would help her "bring the fish in".

There would be hundreds of the most beautiful huge fantail guppies. We would sit for hours watching them in large aquariums in her kitchen.

It feels like coming home to be creating fish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment