Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 45- I Walk the Line

Day 45- I Walk the Line
Though not a huge fan of Johnny Cash, I definitely grew up on his music and others like Hank Williams. In the song Mr.Cash is walking the line of fidelity, that's not my meaning here.

I am referencing the line we walk as artists. How far to go for art's sake? What is sacrificed when a big project is in process and the artist is totally focused on the work? Is it worth it? Is it healthy?

As a mom, wife, employee and someone who has many & varied roles-I sometimes do not realize when I'm completely distracted by the art work. 

It's only when someone calls me back to "real-life" that I realize how deeply I've been ingrained in the creative process.

As I complete my 45th painting today I know that I am now nearing the finish of this project.

I wonder, how will that feel ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment