Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 29-A Moving Experience

Day 29- A Moving Experience


Yesterday I was at the Indianapolis Museum and saw an exhibit called "Hard Truths: The art of Thorton Dial" which is a retrospective of the artist's work. At times I found myself speechless while viewing this body of work.

Mr. Dial works in very large assemblages made of found objects on canvas. Also sculpture. Here is the link to the website. If you are anywhere in the Midwest I highly recommend this show. It will be on exhibit into September.

Thorton Dial at Indianapolis Museum

Today's painting is the impression I had of the work. Moving.

1 comment:

  1. I spent the morning enjoying a cup of coffee, your paintings and reading your blurbs about each one. My favs are The Follower, Moondance and A New Day. Anxiously awaiting to see more!!

    ReplyDelete